Here are some proven examples, of how to be an overnight success.
- Angry Birds creator Rovio became an overnight success, after 51 less successful games, 8 years of hard work and almost going bankrupt.
- Harry Potter author JK Rowling, became an overnight success in 1997… though she started writing fantasy stories as a child, more than 20 years earlier.
- The Beatles become an overnight success, after playing more then 1000 gigs.
- The fastest selling Kickstarter book ever, was written by Seth Godin. Most people say it took around 3 hours. Godin said it took around 8 years. That’s how long it took him, writing blog posts almost every day, to build a big enough community to reach his Kickstarter target in 3 hours.
- [BTW: I was interviewed by ABC News about Kickstarter.]
The overnight success formula
So, here’s how to be an overnight success in 2 steps:
- Choose the date you want your overnight success to happen.
- Work hard for years, leading up to that date.
Be extremely cautious of anyone suggesting otherwise.
About Jim Connolly: I help small business owners grow their business, make more sales and boost their profits. To see how I can help you and your business, read this.
- How to master the art of business success
- How to work fewer hours and get things done!
- In praise of the slow win
- When failure is not an option, neither is success
- How to earn massively more from your business
- A human approach to the success of your business
- 5 steps to increase the success of all your written marketing
- The naked truth about shortcuts to success
- Here’s how top earners manage to earn the highest fees!