Here’s a quick tip, to improve the effectiveness of your marketing. It’s all about a word you use, which is negatively impacting how people feel about your business.
That word is… change!
People are hard-wired to fear change.
We know that change, good or bad, is a source of stress. Even something as positive as the change that comes from getting married, buying a new home or setting off for a week in the sun, is a cause of stress.
Because of the negative way people feel when confronted with change, it makes sense to remove the word from your marketing. Don’t worry, I am going to give you a massively more powerful, motivating alternative!
Improve rather than change
Whenever possible, use the word improve, rather than change. Improve, is a positive word. It’s an attractive word too, because we are always looking for something better.
For example, look how the phrase below becomes far more powerful, when change is replaced with improve.
“This copywriting tip will change your marketing results.”
“This copywriting tip will improve your marketing results.”
Your prospective clients or customers fear change, but want things to improve. So, stop offering them what they fear and give them what they want!
Tip: Here are over 180 posts, related to copywriting and content marketing. Enjoy!
- A Content Marketing tip your competitors don’t want you to know
- 4 Common marketing mistakes AND how to avoid them
- How to attract great word of mouth referrals
- You won’t believe how useful this copywriting tip is!
- Why most small businesses die and how to avoid it!
- How to get more Word Of Mouth publicity
- The best way to spread the word about your business
- How to turn fear into a valuable asset for your business
- What everybody ought to know about The Small Print