Here’s maybe one of the best kept secrets in business.
Never underestimate the power of exceeding expectations.
In business, every person we connect with has an expectation of us. When we meet their expectation, we literally do no better than they expect. It’s a great way to be average!
When we exceed expectations
- The way people feel about us improves… dramatically.
- The experience that exceeded their expectations becomes a story. When we give people a story worth sharing, they spread the word.
- We retain our clients for longer.
- We also attract the best clients — those who value and are willing to pay for a great experience.
As you go through your work today, ask yourself if what you are doing will meet or exceed expectations. If you feel it’s pretty-much what people expect, make at least one improvement that will push it over the top.
Then do the same tomorrow.
- How to get people marketing your business for free
- The best way to spread the word about your business
- Are you going to increase your value or lower your expectations?
- How to Bake Marketing into your business
- Marketing 101: Stop pushing people for attention
- How to get your marketing shared on social networks
- There are no traffic jams on the extra mile
- How to work a room at a networking event
- It’s time for a powerful marketing tactic