I’d like to share something important with you today. I’m going to explain how the best service providers keep their clients happy, generate valuable referrals and build a great reputation.
It’s all about the difference between delivering what a client wants and delivering what a client needs.
Here’s an example
Think about some of the most powerful commercial logos. Apple, McDonald’s Nike, Mercedes, Facebook and Gap, etc. All of these are super simple. A child could reproduce any of them in a few seconds.
Now, imagine for a moment what happens when a business owner hires a great designer to create their logo. The designer then gets back to the client with a smart and simple design.
Because the business owner is not a design professional, they want MORE for their money.
- More lines.
- More colours.
- More detail.
- More complexity.
If the designer gives the client what the client wants, the client ends up with a confusing piece of junk.
If the designer gives the client what the client needs, the client ends up with an effective, professionally designed logo.
How the best service providers get this right
The best service providers use education, to help the client understand what the client needs.
When the service provider does this correctly:
- The client ends up with what they want and what they need.
- The service provider ends up with a happy client, who has a great piece of work. That’s the kind of client who provides valuable referrals and the kind of work, which helps you build an excellent reputation.
This educational approach, is one of the key differences between the most successful service providers and the average provider.
PS: Here are some more tips, to help you build a valuable client list.
- Video: What makes a logo memorable?
- So, who are your next 10 clients?
- The new Yahoo Logo: Why expert opinions are irrelevant!
- How to run a successful business working just 20 hours a week!
- Be more interested in your client’s success, than your fee
- The secret to marketing that spreads AND sells!
- Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!
- Photos: What everyone needs to know about ageing online
- This threat to your business is also your biggest opportunity!