What do the following have in common?
- The trailer for a movie, which is part of a franchise you really enjoy.
- A radio interview with a musician, whose music you’ve always loved, talking about their new album.
- A Facebook post from an author, whose books you collect, announcing their new title.
- A newsletter from a brand you like and trust, announcing an exciting new product.
The answer is that they are all examples of marketing you value. Marketing you wouldn’t want to miss. Marketing that doesn’t even feel like marketing.
How to create unmissable marketing
So, what was it that made those marketing examples unmissable?
- You gave permission for the marketing message to reach you. You tuned into the TV station or radio channel. You liked them on Facebook. You subscribed to their newsletter.
- The product being marketed (movie, album or book etc.), is something you’re interested in.
Without your permission, the marketer is being a pest. No one wants to be pestered with unsolicited emails, off-target advertising or unrequested social networking messages.
Without your interest, the “offer” is just another annoying, time-wasting, badly targeted sales pitch.
How to make your marketing unmissable
Firstly, make sure you only market to people who want what you’re offering.
Secondly, earn their permission. How? Here’s a strategy that works:
- Think about the brands you have given permission to contact you.
- Write them down.
- Next, ask yourself why you did it. Why did you subscribe to their YouTube channel, their newsletter or their blog? Why did you like them on Facebook or connect with them on Linkedin? Why did you ask them to send you their catalogue or email you their updates?
- Finally, see what you can learn from their strategy, which you can adapt, to earn the permission of your prospective customers.
It takes more effort to create unmissable marketing. However, it can massively improve your results.
Tip — Read this, it will really help your marketing stand out; “The Number 1 Thing You Must Know For Your Business To Succeed“.Let's grow your business! I can help you build a more successful business, increase your sales and boost your profits. To find out how, read this.