This is THE golden age for small business owners. We have opportunities available to us today, which previous generations couldn’t have imagined.
Think about it:
- Social networks provide us with free access to a global audience.
- Podcasting gives each of us the opportunity to have our own radio station. Many podcasts have larger audiences than traditional radio outlets.
- YouTube offers us our own free, worldwide TV channel. They’ll even pay us a cut of the advertising revenue.
- Digital publishing allows us to publish books, videos and audio programs, without the need for a book deal or publishing contract.
- WordPress provides us with a free magazine with free global distribution. They even look after the hosting, internet security and software updates for us. Plus, it costs nothing to get started. [I started Jim’s Marketing Blog in 2008 on a free version of WordPress].
And the best part? All these opportunities are available to us in the truest sense. There’s no barrier to entry.
We don’t need someone to select us. We don’t need to wait for permission. We’re not relying on being picked by a radio executive, TV producer, book publisher or magazine editor, etc. We can pick ourselves. And this changes everything.
All our lives, we’ve been told that we’re never more than one idea away from the breakthrough we need. The difference today is that we absolutely know it’s true. Everything we need is out there.