Here are some proven examples, of how to be an overnight success.
- Angry Birds creator Rovio became an overnight success, after 51 less successful games, 8 years of hard work and almost going bankrupt.
- Harry Potter author JK Rowling, became an overnight success in 1997… though she started writing fantasy stories as a child, more than 20 years earlier.
- The Beatles become an overnight success, after playing more than 1000 small gigs. They were paid just £5 for their first gig.
- The fastest book ever to reach its Kickstarter target, was written by Seth Godin. Most people say it took around 3 hours to break the record. It didn’t. Godin said it took around 8 years. That’s how long it took him, writing blog posts almost every day, to build a big enough community to reach his Kickstarter target in 3 hours.
The overnight success formula
So, here’s how to be an overnight success in 2 steps:
- Choose the date you want your overnight success to happen.
- Work hard for years, leading up to that date.
Shortcuts to success are seldom shortcuts and they never lead to meaningful success. Be extremely cautious of anyone suggesting otherwise.