I went from being broke and living in a slum, the son of immigrants with no contacts, to being financially secure for life in just seven and a half years. Here’s how I did it. It’s all about the magic that happens when we learn to embrace change.
Change can be either positive or negative. It is something we can either embrace or fear. What we can’t do, however, is avoid change. The lesson I learned at the age of 21, which was to transform my life forever, is that change is actually our friend. Change brings improvement and progress. In fact, the process of progress always begins with the need to change from what was failing us, to what will serve us.
This is why successful people and those who struggle have such different attitudes regarding change.
- The happiest and most successful people I know, embrace change: They see change as an opportunity to grow. They enjoy “living in the now” because they look to the future with excitement.
- The gloomiest and least successful people I have met, fear change: They see change as a threat to their security. They live in a state of apprehension, because they are fearful about what the future will bring.
The magical process of progress
Thankfully, the moment we change our mindset for the better, everything else changes too:
- When we change from blaming others for our lack of success, to accepting it is always down to us, we start the process of progress.
- When we change from talking about what we will do one day and start actually doing it, we start the process of progress.
- When we change from seeing problems in our lives as proof that life sucks and start seeing them as opportunities to improve, we start the process of progress.
- When we change from being the zombie who spends hours watching others achieve their dreams on our TV screens or computer monitors, to being on “the right side of the glass” with them, we start the process of progress.
- When we change, everything else changes too.
Most importantly, when we change from wondering what we might be capable of, if we went for it 100%, to actually going for it, we start the process of life-transforming progress. That’s where the real magic is!
To those of you who want more from life: I promise you, if you knew right now just what you could achieve and how your life would improve in every area, you would start that process of change this instant.