Today, I’m going to share something important with you. It’s one of the foundations of building a successful business… plus an extremely powerful idea.
Every business experiences highs and lows. Periods of success and periods of frustration. And your overall results are determined by how you navigate these ups and downs.
When times are great it’s easy to feel confident, calm and assured. And with those positive feelings guiding your decision making, you perform at a far higher level. You also inspire confidence in people and find it easier to motivate them to hire you, buy from you or recommend you.
After all, when was the last time you hired or recommended someone, who you had no confidence in?
It’s harder to feel confident when times are tough. Your focus naturally switches to the problems in front of you. You consider the worst case scenarios and how you would cope. This cycle then leaves you feeling even more stressed and even less confident — UNTIL you shift your focus from what you fear, to what you want.
Consider the following 5 facts for a moment:
- You are one idea away from a life-changing breakthrough. Just as you were the last time it happened.
- You are one email away from a great client inquiry. Just as you were the last time it happened.
- You are one phone call away from converting an enquiry into your most valuable client ever. Just as you were the last time it happened.
- You are one decision away from an amazing opportunity. Just as you were the last time it happened.
- You are one conversation away from your largest ever order. Just as you were the last time it happened.
NONE of those are Pollyanna thoughts. They’re facts. Facts based on what you have already experienced.
These real world opportunities and many, many others can happen at any time.
But you greatly increase the speed and frequency of them happening, when you work on making them happen, rather than focus on what you fear.
So, keep on keeping on. Work hard. Work smart. If you need a better strategy, get help. If you need to adjust your approach, make the improvements required.
The key thing my friend, is to focus on what you want to achieve. Then work toward making it happen.