One of the amazing things about business today, is that so much of what we do is visible.
- If a web designer claims to be able to build great websites, you can see for yourself by checking out their website and portfolio online. It’s visible!
- If a marketing professional claims to be able to help you attract great new clients, you can see for yourself how effectively they are attracting your attention. It’s visible!
- If a copywriter claims to be able to write compelling, inspiring copy for his or her clients, you can read their work online. It’s visible!
- If a PR expert claims to be able to get you noticed for all the right reasons, you can check how well they are handling their own PR online. It’s visible!
- If an accountant, business advisor, bank manager, restaurateur, IT technician, stationer, mechanic, hotelier etc tells you they offer a great service, you can check them out via Google and see what people are saying about them. It’s visible!
The way it was
For years, low quality service providers were able to throw money at marketing and PR and give the impression they were offering great value. They were able to let their clients or customers down and still win more business, because their clients and customers didn’t have much of a voice in most cases.
The business owners who offered great customer service were often left frustrated. Their commitment to service excellence was often largely unnoticed by non clients, because their clients and customers didn’t have much of a voice in most cases.
The way it is
Thankfully, the marketplace today has the opportunity to see a lot more, as the business of business becomes increasingly visible. Yes, there is a lot of misinformation out there, but there is also a lot of genuine organic feedback too.
This is great news for those business owners, who offer the finest quality of service they possibly can. At last, your commitment to service excellence has the potential to massively and speedily spread throughout your marketplace.
Make it as easy as possible for people to visibly show their appreciation and they will. Moreover, their endorsement of you and your business is FAR more powerful than your own marketing messages, when handled correctly.
PS: This is one of the many opportunities I cover on my new Content Marketing Program.