Marketing messages that inspire people to take positive action are what every business person needs, if they want to massively increase their sales, revenues and profits.
Here’s a simple idea, which can help you quickly improve your marketing messages and your marketing results. It’s all about becoming a collector and a student.
Look through your inbox, RSS reader, mail etc, for any marketing material that inspired YOU to take the kind of action you want others to take, when they read YOUR marketing messages. So, collect the; emails, blog posts, letters, advertisements and anything else that you read, which inspired you to take action.
Next, study each message and see what you can learn, from the way it was written and presented. For example:
- What kind of headlines (sometimes called straplines) did they use?
- What kind of calls to action did they use?
- How long was the gap, between each of their marketing messages. For example, did they email you once a week or three times a week?
- What kind of promises did they make?
- What kind of guarantees did they offer?
- How many words did they use?
- What kind of carrier did they use? (In other words, what kind of envelope did the letter come in, what type of theme did the blog use, what style of template did the newsletter / email marketing use, etc.)
- What was it that they said, which caused you to believe you could trust them? How did they win your confidence?
In short: Keep a copy of everything that has inspired you to take the kind of action, which you want others to take regarding your business. Then, study what you have collected and look for the gold. Apply what you have discovered into your own marketing and see if you can replicate the magic!
By the way, if you found this useful, please subscribe to the blog for free and never miss another post!