I enjoyed a wonderful evening yesterday, talking with friends. We laughed, joked, and shared a few stories, as we sat around an enormous log fire, in the kitchen of a friend’s 400 year old farmhouse.
Afterwards, I reflected on how it’s almost always the things that money CAN’T buy, which bring the most joy – Like great conversation with good friends. In fact, none of the key moments in my life happened as a result of me spending a ton of money.
Many people think that the acquisition of money is the same as the acquisition of success or happiness. It isn’t. I know people with millions in the bank, who own all the things that money can buy, who are not particularly happy with their lives. Equally, I know people who earn very little, yet have wonderful families, children they love and great friends.
I’m not suggesting for a moment that money isn’t important. It is! It’s hard to be happy, when you’re always worrying about how to pay the bills.
I am suggesting that whilst we build our financial futures, we also make sure we invest in developing those things that money can’t buy.
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!
Photo: John Curno
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)