In the 2nd post I published yesterday, I stated that we are all capable of incredible things, so long as we put everything we have, into everything we’ve got. In today’s post, I’m giving you 5 practical ways to get the most from your current assets.
First, I would like to something with you that was really useful to me when I started my business. It’s a simple question and answer from Jim Rohn. Jim asked:
“How high will a tree grow?”
“As high as it possibly can! It will dig it’s roots deep down into the soil to grab every drop of water and nourishment possible. It will stretch it’s branches out as wide as it can to catch every possible ray of sunlight. Only human beings settle for being less than we can be!”
Maximising your assets
Here are 5 things you can start today, which will help you get the very most from what you already have:
- If you have a number of happy clients or former clients, proactively encourage them to recommend your services to their friends and contacts.
- If your business has an interesting back story, let the press know and generate some useful, profile raising PR. If you can’t afford to hire a PR professional, at least study how to write an effective press release and get it out to every media outlet you can think of.
- If you have a website, is it optimized for attracting targeted visitors from search engines? If not, study the art of SEO (search engine optimization) and start making it easy for new, prospective clients to find you.
- If your site gets regular visitors but it generates very few sales or sales leads, review and replace any written copy, which is not compelling people to get in touch with you. If you don’t know how, either learn or hire a proven expert.
- If you have a contact with a similar profile of client to yours, yet in a non-conflicting industry, ask them about an endorsed relationship opportunity. This is one of the best ways to generate a huge amount of high quality sales, very quickly!