Yesterday, I wrote about the importance of attracting referrals, rather than pestering people for referrals. You can read that post here. Today, I’d like to share a proven way to get people talking about your business for all the right reasons.
Let’s look at enthusiasm
When we speak and act with enthusiasm, it spreads like a virus. It changes the way people think and feel about us.
Here are just a few examples:
- It captures people’s interest.
- It motivates people to want to know more.
- It inspires people to talk about us.
- It creates confidence, which makes people feel comfortable recommending us (and buying from us).
Of course, the opposite is also true.
Let’s look at pessimism
When we speak with pessimism, it spreads like a virus to everyone around us. Pessimism also changes the way people think and feel about us, this time in a totally negative way.
- It causes people to feel pessimistic about us.
- It destroys confidence in our business.
- It repels motivated, inspirational people.
- It attracts others, who are similarly pessimistic.
Most small business owners sit somewhere between enthusiastic and pessimistic. They neither inspire people or drive them away. This neutral position is hurting their business and it’s 100% unnecessary.
Fire up your enthusiasm
If your business isn’t attracting the word of mouth referrals you need, try cranking up your enthusiasm.
Remember: No one is going to feel enthusiastic about our business, until we transfer our enthusiasm to them.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)