A business owner with passion is a formidable force. Here are 5 powerful advantages these passionate people have, over the average business owner:
- Their passion inspires others to believe in them. Steve Jobs was perhaps the best known modern day example of this. When trying to hire John Sculley away from Pepsi, Jobs famously asked him: “Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life, or do you want to come with me and change the world?”
- Their passion drives them forward, when others decide to quit. Passion acts like fuel. It propels you forward.
- Their passion gives them the courage they need, to leave their comfort zones when required. People with passion will do things, which those who lack passion will avoid. And these “things” are usually the big, brave decisions, which separate the winners from the losers.
- Their passion is contagious. It motivates the people around them. Whenever you are in the company of a passionate person, you know it instantly. I can’t think of a single leader, who lacks this powerful quality.
- Their passion acts like a magnet, which attracts the people and resources their business needs. Passionate people also attract other passionate people. This compounds to propel their business [and life] forward at an accelerated pace.
Where does that kind of passion come from?
Passion is something we create ourselves. It happens when we have a clear and highly compelling goal, which we believe we will achieve. Foggy goals are no good. Puny goals are no good. We need goals that are clear and inspirational. And we need to believe we can achieve them.
Dream big dreams. Convert the dreams into goals… then create a plan to make your goals a reality.
It’s impossible to overstate the positive impact this can have on your business and your whole life. I hope you found this useful, but more importantly, I hope it helps you and your business.