We know why the most successful businesses and freelancers are always in high demand. Its the same reason they command the highest fees.
They provide something of value, which is in short supply.
We also know why the average business isn’t in high demand. It’s because they provide something, which is in abundance.
Here’s the thing. It’s not enough to work hard, work smart and care about your clients. Most of your competitors already do that. To think otherwise is to underestimate your competition. And that’s a big mistake.
To be in high demand and earn the highest fees, you need to embrace the tricky stuff. The things that are in short supply, because they’re too challenging or uncomfortable for most business owners.
This includes a willingness to:
- Set higher standards than your competitors.
- Do work that’s meaningfully different.
- Be there for people when they need help.
- Encourage others.
- Connect people.
- Treat different customers differently.
- Make promises and keep them.
- Inspire your customers, your team and your marketplace.
Is this easy? No, of course not!
Here’s a better question: Is it worth it? Yes, absolutely!
You see my friend, the very fact it’s so challenging is why it’s so rare, in such high demand and so valuable.