You offer a great product or service. You’re passionate about what you do. You work hard. And you work smart, too.
So, why are some of your less capable competitors doing better than you?
We know it’s not the industry we’re in, because others are doing great right now. We know it’s not the marketplace, because others are doing great right now. And we know it’s not the government, for the very same reason. So what’s the answer?
Here’s the l-o-n-g answer:
- They might get the same number of leads as you, but they’re trained at how to turn prospects into paying clients.
- They may have a better way of attracting more referrals from their clients, contacts and friends.
- Their marketing messages could be professionally developed, so they get tons more enquiries or leads.
- They might have developed a massively more compelling reason for people to hire them.
- They may sell the result of what they do, rather than sell the service they provide.
- Perhaps they’ve taken time to learn what keeps the best prospects awake at night worrying. And then, marketed their service as the answer.
- Their email marketing could be expertly created, generating red-hot leads on a regular basis.
- They might have learned the essential keys to persuasion.
- They may be building a reputation as problem solvers, and earning the trust of your marketplace, via their newsletter or blog, etc.
In fact, it could be one of over 300 other, proven marketing strategies / tactics. Like those I use with my clients to help them rise to the top of their marketplace, so they have the perfect plan for what they want to achieve.
Here’s the short answer:
- Success doesn’t care.
Success… and combination locks
If a 2nd rate competitor decides to do the things required for sales success, revenue growth and higher profits, their business will succeed. This is true if they’re less able than you.
Think of it like this.
Imagine a door, which has a combination lock. If you use the correct, 10 number combination, the door will open for you. If I use the correct combination, it will also open for me. That’s because the door doesn’t care. Press the correct numbers in the right order and you’re in!
Business success is the same. If you do the right combination of things correctly, you’ll succeed. That’s because success doesn’t care.
Success doesn’t care. It simply responds to what you do. And dabbling with a combination, hoping one day to get lucky, is a terrible strategy.