Are you tired of prospective clients (or customers), who don’t get back to you when they say they will? If you are, here’s something you may find extremely useful. It’s all about the biggest lie in business.
Here’s the thing. Whenever a prospective client tells you they didn’t have the time to meet you, return your call or consider your offer… they’re lying.
The biggest lie in business is…
They had the time!
And you already knew this.
You already knew full well that.
- They had the time to do all the urgent or important things. Obviously.
- They also had the time to do stuff that interested them; check the news about that big story, text a friend, share a funny TikTok video.
- Oh, and they definitely had enough time to check their social media accounts. Multiple times.
What they lacked wasn’t time.
What they lacked was… motivation.
Specifically, the motivation to do whatever you requested. They just didn’t want to tell you. They thought they were being nice. The truth is that as far as they were concerned, whatever you requested wasn’t important or urgent enough. So, they didn’t consider it a priority. And that’s why it didn’t get done.
Okay Jim, how do I stop this from happening, and massively improve my results?
That’s a great question!
Here’s an answer…
Motivation, attraction and deadlines
To motivate your prospective clients and customers to take action, you need to do the following.
- Make your offer as attractive as possible.
- Start by looking at what you’re asking your prospects to do and make it sound more captivating. More interesting. More compelling. Remember, motivation comes from the words Motive and Action. When the motive is powerful enough, the action follows. So, use all your creativity to make whatever you’re offering as compelling as possible.
- Then give them a deadline. Deadlines focus the mind. They create urgency, which is exactly what you need in order to motivate prospects to take action!
- Note: Here’s another example of how to use deadlines.
Make no mistake, the most powerful way to motivate your prospective clients to take action, is to provide them with a highly compelling offer, which is attached to a deadline.
Get those 2 steps right and you’ll find the marketplace will make time for you. You’ll also enjoy a dramatic improvement in your sales and marketing results. And you’ll become pretty-much free from the biggest lie in business!