We know why the most successful businesses are always in high demand. It’s the same reason they command the highest fees.
They provide something of value that’s in short supply.
We also know why the average business isn’t in high demand. It’s because they provide something, which is in abundance.
Here’s the thing
It’s not enough to work hard, work smart and care about your clients. Most of your competitors already do that. To think otherwise is to underestimate your competition. And that’s a big mistake.
To be in high demand and earn the highest fees, you need to embrace the tricky stuff. The things that are in short supply, because they’re too challenging or uncomfortable for most business owners.
This includes a willingness to.
- Set higher standards than your competitors.
- Do work that’s meaningfully different. Work that has your signature all over it.
- Initiate. Not always. But often.
- Be there for people when they need help. This is critically important in today’s economy.
- Encourage others.
- Connect people.
- Treat different customers differently.
- Adapt to the rapidly changing threats and opportunities. Preferably before your competitors do.
- Make promises and keep them.
- Inspire your customers, your team and your marketplace.
Is this easy? No. It’s hard. Really hard.
Here’s a better question: Is it worth it? Yes, absolutely!
The very fact it’s so bloody hard is why it’s so rare, why it’s in such high demand and why it’s so valuable.