Here are 5 ideas, which I shared with business owners this week. They’re based on some of the answers I provided, during a couple of Pick My Brain Sessions.
Here they are in no particular order. I hope you find them useful as my clients did.
- The more questions you answer in your marketing, the lower your response rate will be. Great marketing creates curiosity. Bad marketing reduces it. Every answered question makes the prospective client less curious and less likely to contact you.
- People don’t visit coffee shops for the coffee. They already have coffee at home and at work. They leave home or work, and pay 500% more for coffee at the coffee shop, because of the experience. Understanding this principle is essential if you’re serious about growing your business.
- If you have a business challenge and you can’t talk about it, now you have two challenges.
- Your competitors work hard and are passionate about building their business. Not all of them. But enough of them, for it to hurt your business if you stand still for too long.
- If you’re struggling with a new challenge, you may need a new strategy. If you’re struggling with an old challenge, you definitely need a new strategy.
You can Pick My Brain here.