All of your clients (and prospective clients) have something in common. Something that you need to be aware of, if you want to market your business successfully.
It’s simply this: They notice things. Even the things they never mention to you.
- They notice if you treat them like stars in order to get their custom, then treat them like numbers once you have it.
- They notice if you promise their project will be delivered on schedule, but you’re late.
- They notice if you’re more focused on what’s in it for you, than what’s best for them.
Thankfully it works both ways, because they also notice.
- When you treat them like stars in order to get their custom, then treat them like superstars once you have their custom.
- When you promise their project will be delivered on schedule, then deliver their project (and your promise) on schedule.
- When you’re more focused on what’s best for them, than what’s in it for you.
Here’s why this is massively important to your business
Not every client complains when they’re receiving a poor service. The vast majority say nothing. However, they’re highly likely to take their custom to a competitor.
Not every client says “thank you” when you’re delivering an outstanding service. However, they’re highly likely to remain your client and to recommend you to everyone.
The bottom line: People notice what you do. So do something worth noticing. And look for opportunities to do it every day.