In no particular order.
- The pandemic has impacted everyone, to a lesser or greater degree. Factor this in. If someone’s being more unreasonable than you expect, cut them some slack.
- A business can only be as successful as the weakest link in its leadership. Many potentially great businesses never achieve the results they should, because one senior team member’s influence is holding them back.
- When opportunity isn’t knocking, it’s time to build another door.
- To earn better fees, or charge better prices, solve better problems. This is also foundational in retaining more clients (or customers).
- To get more word of mouth referrals, give your clients an experience worth shouting about.
- Check your assumptions. One of the easiest ways to massively improve your business results, is to make decisions based on the most accurate feedback or data possible.
- Take mini vacations, before you feel forced to take them. This could be a 30 minute break or a long weekend, depending on your unique circumstances.
- Always leave people better than when you found them.
- You can’t eat low quality food and expect to have high quality energy.
- Create a new and utterly compelling reason, why someone should buy from you… and not a competitor.