Money gives you options. This is one of the reasons, why people who have lots of money find it easier to make even more money. They are painting from a wider pallet. They can afford to play a longer game.
One of the best examples of this, is the short term thinking that many in financial difficulty find themselves confronted with. It’s hard for a business owner, who needs to have money in the bank in 30 days or lose their home, to divert their time and attention onto the business development strategies they need for long term success.
Short term thinking
The tendency for those who are seriously struggling, is to focus on marketing ideas, which they hope will generate the fastest return. This sees many small business owners adopting panic measures, such as cold calling and pestering people for leads at networking events, etc, etc. These time consuming forms of pursuit marketing are more likely to damage their reputation, than grow their business in a sustainable way. People hate being pestered by pushy business owners.
No matter where your business is right now, you need to avoid being caught up in the negative loop, where you go from one short term answer to the next; never getting far enough in front to set the longer term strategies into play, which your business needs in order to grow.
If you or someone you know is in need of a way to generate meaningful income, without pestering anyone, the 2 posts I link to below may help. They provide a way to quickly get some bankable results, in a way that’s easy to scale and requires low financial investment. Follow the links for dedicated posts on each subject:
I also recommend you read this, which shows you the 4 ways you can grow your business.
Photo: Images of money
- How to break the cycle of working for clients who undervalue you
- How to beat the feast or famine trap
- Marketing 101: The race to the bottom
- A heartbreaking email that every small business owner should read
- Is your marketing built to last?
- How to make extremely valuable business contacts
- How to get all the help you and your business need
- How to be successful without even trying!
- How to increase sales and build an excellent reputation