Someone recently asked me why I often use the 3 word term ‘love and light’, when I comment on other blogs or chat with some friends on social networks. So, here’s the answer.
Love and light
I grew up in a very tough environment, the son of penniless immigrants. I saw people try and fight hate with deeper hate and I saw what happened when good people embraced darkness. By the time I reached 21, I’d already seen many of the kids I grew up with incarcerated, addicted to drugs or dead. These were not bad kids, just kids who made some bad choices.
I’m not capable of explaining why I use the term love and light, as elegantly as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr did. Here’s what Dr. King said:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
Whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever challenges you are experiencing today, I wish you love and light!
- 2 Things to love about your business
- 6 Ideas to make clients fall in love with your business
- How to make prospective clients fall in love with your business!
- The Art of Work
- Why it pays to think before you speak
- Could this tip transform your business? Yes. Yes it could!
- Chasing your dreams or running from your fears?
- How to beat the feast or famine trap