In today’s post, I want to share some thoughts with you on why you have to think big, if you want your business to reach it’s potential. The answer may surprise you!
All business owners place a self-imposed limit on what we want to achieve from our business. Some set that limit high, whilst most set that limit far too low. The challenge created by thinking too small, is that it places a very low ceiling on what we can achieve. Without an exciting, compelling, inspiring vision, we lack the energy and motivation to operate at our best.
Let me explain…
Puny goals fail to motivate us
For example, if we set ourself a goal or task, which causes us to stretch just a little and would only lead to a modest reward if we succeeded, we would ask ourselves things like:
- What if people laugh at me?
- What if I lose money on this?
- What if it doesn’t work out the way I want it to?
Without a compelling reason to risk those potential pitfalls, there’s little motivation for us to get started.
When inspired by a compelling, exciting goal or task, the same potential pitfalls exist BUT the potential reward is far, far greater. This then provides us with massively more motivation, to get the task completed.
If you find yourself struggling to grow your business, take a look at the goals you have set for yourself. Are they truly inspiring you? If not, this could be a great time to start thinking bigger and set some goals, which are worthy of you.
Please check out this post’s sponsor, Hire Imaging, LLC.
Barb Poole has helped thousands of people to explore, find and keep their career dreams. She can help you move forward in your career too. To learn more, click here or call 877-265-2750.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)