The late Earl Nightingale spent years travelling the world, looking for the secret to success.
Eventually, he found what he believed to be the secret he’d been looking for. Amazingly, it can be summed up in just 6 words: We become what we think about.
Mr Nightingale explained it like this:
Imagine a ship leaving a harbour, with it’s voyage mapped out and planned. The captain and crew know exactly where the ship is going and how long it will take. It has a destination or goal and it will reach it’s destination.
Now imagine the same ship in the harbour. Only this time, with no destination, no captain and no crew. We just start the engine and let it go. If it managed to find its way out of the harbour, it would end up washed up somewhere, a derelict. It can’t get anywhere because it has no guidance. Humans are the same.
Your thoughts and your results
Your thoughts guide you. They determine how you feel, what you do and therefore your results or outcomes.
In short: If you want better results, start by thinking better (more productive) thoughts.
- Your choice: Act now or react later
- 10 Great ways to be a quitter!
- It’s hard to fly without wings
- People are NOT waiting for permission. They are looking for direction
- Marketing 101: How to get your timing right
- Business owners: Are you being unreasonable?
- If you don’t like the way your future looks, change it!
- Cheap can be expensive