The weather and the economy have a few things in common:
- People blame both of them for ruining things.
- They are beyond our direct control.
- We can adapt in order to either lessen their impact or, if we are willing to apply some creative thought, we can benefit from them.
Agile or static?
The agile business owner sees the rain and decides she is going to sell umbrellas. The static business owner looks on and complains when people are not buying his sun cream!
The economy is what it is. Even the experts can’t agree on when things will improve in any meaningful way. Those hunkering down and hoping everything will go back to pre 2007 conditions could be in for a long and expensive wait.
Thriving in 2014 is a choice… YOUR choice
I’m about to start a marketing session with one of my clients, who has seen her turnover increase by 240% this year, with an even greater increase in her profits. Others in her industry are struggling and going broke, because they are not adapting correctly to the market. They are lowering their fees in a race to the bottom, whilst she has increased her fees. They are working hard trying to survive, whilst my client thrives because she is doing the right things, correctly.
You can’t improve the economy… but thankfully, you don’t need to.
Because just like the client I’m about to work with, you can improve your strategy!
- Stop working for low quality clients. Seriously. Stop it!
- Stop settling and start demanding!
- Setting your sail for 2013
- Stop marketing your services. Seriously. Stop it!
- Stop working for average clients. Seriously. Stop it!
- Stop using buzzwords in your marketing. Seriously. Stop it.
- How to stop fear from crushing your business!
- How to give your business the focus and direction it needs