Progress is about putting great ideas into action.
However, trying to make a bad idea work is a source of little more than frustration.
Don’t try to save bad work
When I speak with a writer, designer, programmer, etc., who is struggling with a project, one of the most common things they will ask me is, ‘how can I save this?’ They have usually worked hard on something for a long time, then figured out that the original idea was a bad one, but they’ve put so much into it that they refuse to scrap it.
So, they invest more and more time trying to save a bad idea, until they either give up, or worse, hand their client a poor quality piece of work.
Persistence and delusion
Persistence is essential if we want to succeed in anything of value. However, there’s a difference between persistence and delusion. To persist with a bad idea when we know it’s going nowhere, is pointless.
Be kind to yourself. Refuse to waste your time working with bad ideas. Once you discover something is a bad idea, give yourself permission to acknowledge you are wasting your time, then reinvest your time, doing something that’s worthy of you and your talent.
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!
Image: The Italian Voice
- What if they say your idea is foolish?
- So, what’s the big idea?
- Do everything you can, with everything you have!
- Marketing Tip: Sell them ideas
- Why domination is a terrible idea for your business!
- How to build a great tribe, with this powerful and overlooked idea
- What everybody ought to know about Strategy
- Increase word of mouth referrals with this simple idea
- I grew a successful career and business, with this brilliant idea!