Many people answering that question, will notice that their plan isn’t really their plan at all. They will spend their day working on the plans of others. Clients, prospective clients, suppliers, colleagues… the list goes on.
Of course, as a business owner this is exactly what you should be doing. You work to help others. However, it’s important for you to get the balance right.
What about your business?
The challenge comes when you spend so much time helping others with their plans, that you neglect your own plans. You end up working IN your business, rather than working ON your business.
The answer is to incorporate planning into your daily work flow. Once you do this, you will find yourself guiding your business with greater direction and focus. The difference this makes is huge.
PS: Here is some great business advice from Steve Jobs, on the importance of working with focus.
- Is the dream behind your business inspiring enough?
- Steve Jobs and the power of focus
- Just get rid of the crappy stuff!
- People are NOT waiting for permission. They are looking for direction
- Stop settling and start demanding!
- Get deliberate. Get specific. Get moving!
- How to run a successful business working just 20 hours a week!
- Here’s a Window of Opportunity for you and your business
- How to find the income, energy and inspiration you need!