Communication is one of the most overlooked and underrated skills in business. It’s often seen as a soft skill… something that’s useful, but not essential.
The business owner who is unable to communicate her vision, is likely to struggle just as much as the business owner who has no vision. That’s why as business owners, we need to continuously improve our communication skills.
Some tips for better marketing communication
When seeking to share an idea, whether spoken or written, you may find the following tips useful:
- Research your audience.
- Think of the core points you want to make. List them in order.
- Stay on track, by following the list.
- Use as few words as required. Brevity is priceless. Too many words can dilute the power or impact of your message.
- Avoid buzz words. Use plain speaking whenever possible.
- Understand that volume is seldom the problem. A bad message amplified, is still a bad message!
- When people respond, listen, really listen, to their feedback. Look for common misunderstandings and adjust your message to avoid them recurring.
In short: When we have something worth saying, it pays to know how to say it (or write it), as effectively as possible.
Let's grow your business! I can help you attract more clients, make more sales and boost your profits. To find out how, read this.