Once, the proximity of your business to your prospective clients, was based on your geographical distance from them. In other words, your clients or customers needed to be within a certain number of miles from your location.
That is no longer the case.
The new proximity
Today, the proximity of your business is not defined by how close you are in miles from a prospective client, but how closely you are aligned with their thinking, needs and values etc. If you want to hire someone because their work is amazing, thanks to low cost or free digital communications, you can.
In short: Geography is no longer a barrier for many service providers. In 2014, it’s about human proximity… not miles.
- If you need a copywriter and there’s one whose work you love, but he’s 5000 miles away, no problem. You can work together just fine.
- If you need a graphic artist and find someone who does great work, the fact they are in a different country makes no difference.
- If you need someone to translate your work from English to Spanish, you can pick a translator who you trust, regardless of where they are.
- If you need a great web designer and you find someone, but she’s in a different country, you can work together just fine.
- In 2013 alone, I worked with clients in; 8 U.S. states, Canada, South Africa, Denmark, Dubai, The UK, France and Germany. All of whom I shared proximity with, although I am located in England.
Are you embracing the new proximity?
So, with proximity now being defined by shared mindsets, aligned outlooks, common values and the love of another person’s work — what are you doing about it? If you offer a service, which can be delivered via digital communications, I strongly recommend that you consider embracing the new proximity.
There’s a world of opportunity out there, just waiting for you.
- Here’s a secret behind the world’s best service providers!
- This threat to your business is also your biggest opportunity!
- The opportunity you always wanted is already here!
- Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!
- Social media marketing and real world results
- Reach out, pay it forward and watch your whole world improve!
- Here’s a Window of Opportunity for you and your business
- People are NOT waiting for permission. They are looking for direction
- How to attract more clients and build a great reputation