I’m going to show you how to avoid a common marketing mistake, which is causing a lot of pain to a lot of small business owners. I’m also going to share a cornerstone of great marketing with you, which can quickly improve your marketing results.
Here’s the challenge: No matter how good your product is. No matter how good your customer service is. No matter how good your marketing is — you will attract very few clients or customers, if you’re marketing to the wrong people.
Allow me to explain
If you sell a commodity service, one that is offered by lots of equally qualified competitors, you’re wasting your time marketing to people who want a top class, boutique service.
If you offer a boutique service, you’re wasting your time marketing to the bargain basement crowd, who buy cheap from commodity service providers.
And no matter what service you provide, if you spend time marketing to freebie hunters on social networks, who are simply looking to pump as much free advice from you as possible, you’re wasting your time.
Instead, get specific
Know who your ideal profile of client or customer is and focus your marketing exclusively on them. Delight them with the things they value the most. Answer their most pressing questions. Give them highly specific information… the type of information that demonstrates you are exactly the kind of provider they need.
In short, make delivering the correct message, to the right group, a cornerstone of your marketing.
PS – Read this if you want to know more: Marketing 101: How to get specific.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)