Everything your business does, is marketing. It gives people an experience, an insight into what you and your business stand for. It creates your story… either a story your clients believe is worth sharing or a predictable story, which they soon forget.
Some business owners get it all wrong
They think that they can offer an average service, to average clients for average prices and use marketing to make average sound amazing. The challenge with that approach, is that it has never been harder to hide bad or average work.
A quick search on Google, Tripadvisor, Linkedin and Facebook, etc., allows your prospective clients to build a pretty good picture of your business and what your business stands for. For example, claiming to offer a professional service, yet operating behind a cheap website, littered with bad grammar, is a huge warning sign to prospective clients.
With the majority of people now checking service providers out online, before contacting them, this is a very big deal.
What’s your story?
Look at your business from the ground up. What story are you crafting for your marketplace, based on:
- Your customer service?
- Your ability to meet deadlines?
- The design of your website?
- Your approach to paying your suppliers? (Suppliers talk about late payers).
- The way you handle inbound calls and emails?
- The kind of suppliers you use — cheap, average or high quality?
- Your use of social networks?
- The people or brands you associate with?
- The quality of your end product?
If you believe there’s room for improvement in your business, rewrite your story. Just don’t make the mistake of thinking you can do it with slick marketing. You can’t!
In short: Marketing is everything you do. The whole picture.
- Talk is cheap
- 4 Common marketing mistakes AND how to avoid them
- How to Bake Marketing into your business
- How to protect your business from Freebie Seekers
- Is your website hurting your business? Quite possibly!
- How to take your business from average to remarkable
- Are your clients killing your business?
- Marketing You: The key to building a great business!
- Attract massively more clients, with these 3 powerful marketing tips!