It’s said you are often just one idea away from the breakthrough you have been looking for.
So… here are 15 powerful ideas for you!
- Embrace brevity. People are busy and their attention has never been in more demand. Keep your marketing messages as short and valuable as possible. Kill the fluff.
- Do at least one thing each day, which your future self will thank you for!
- Remind yourself (often) that the process of giving and receiving starts with giving. Making selfish demands from strangers doesn’t work. It also damages your reputation.
- Fail more often in 2014 than you did in 2013. Why? Because if you’re not failing often enough, you’re sticking to things you already know. This means you are no longer growing. By the way: Steve Jobs famously reprimanded members of his team if they were not failing regularly enough.
- Stop aiming for perfectionism. It will stop you getting started, kill your creativity and block your progress. The next time you find yourself blaming perfectionism for your lack of progress, call it out for what it is… a stalling tactic. Instead of aiming for perfect, aim for the best you can do.
- If you write a blog or newsletter, ask yourself this question: Are you building a tribe or are you writing drive-by content? Almost everyone gets this wrong. Here’s why this is extremely important!
- Stop doing work purely because it pays the bills. Start doing work that makes a difference. This post explains why.
- Invest less time trying to get organic (unpaid) ‘traffic’ from Facebook. They just changed everything and ‘free’ isn’t part of the new Facebook Business Pages strategy.
- Get expert help in any area of your business, where you are under performing. Things don’t just change for the better because you hope they will. Hope is essential, but it’s not a business strategy. This will help you get it right.
- Remind yourself that you pick your clients… they do NOT pick you! This is true of 100% of the most successful business owners and consultants I know. Pick clients who value you and allow you to do your best work. Build your client base deliberately. Here’s what you need to know.
- Get serious about the value of your time. No one ever lay on their deathbed, regretting they hadn’t spent more time watching TV. Throughout the day, ask yourself, is this the best use of my time right now? If it isn’t, go and do something more productive.
- Make the decision now, to do the tricky stuff. Every business owner claims to give their business 100%. What they REALLY mean, is that they give their business 100% of the stuff that they are comfortable with. Decide to get less comfortable with the limitations of your comfort zone. This will help you.
- Learn to embrace your inner freak. This may be the best advice on this list.
- Get the most from your creativity. There are hundreds of free, creative thinking ideas here.
- Believe that almost anything is possible. No matter how bad things may be right now, with courage, hard work and passion, you can achieve almost anything. This post gives a great example of what I mean.
- Give people more than they expect. Don’t under-promise though. Instead, over-deliver.
I really hope you find these ideas and suggestions useful and that they help you achieve your best year ever in 2014!