As from today, you have more choice over how your emails look. You can choose to receive your emails as HTML (that’s how this one was delivered), as plain text or you can choose to receive them using a dedicated mobile format. Simply click on ‘update subscription preferences’ at the foot of the email and take your pick.
Here’s why I upgraded
For the past 4 years, I have used a service called Feedburner to deliver the email version of this blog. Feedburner has slowly deteriorated and is now in the process of being scaled down and closed. So, I have decided to take this opportunity to significantly improve the way this site delivers email and have chosen a service called Mailchimp. The thousands of people who read this blog daily via email deserve a great reading experience, and by choosing Mailchimp I have invested in what I believe to be an excellent service for you.
By the way, if you do not already subscribe via email, you can get future posts delivered to you via email for free by clicking here.
If you subscribe to this blog via RSS, the new RSS address is http://jimsmarketingblog.com/feed. If you use Google Chrome, you will need to add a feed reader as it still comes without one built in. Google Reader and Feedly are good options.
Feedburner advice for fellow bloggers
If you currently use Feedburner as your email RSS provider, I strongly suggest you look at making alternative arrangements. Whilst there has been no announcement of a closing date, Feedburner has announced that access to their API will cease on 20th October 2012. The Feedburner blog has also closed down and they have closed the Feedburner Twitter account. This post from the father of RSS, Dave Winer, is worth reading.
PS: I will be doing a review of Mailchimp in a week or so, for those of you looking for a business class email provider.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)