This post is all about how to improve your marketing and it contains links to stacks of great, free marketing advice!
I wrote this today, because I know that many of my readers work really hard and yet fail to get the sales or profits that their hard work deserves. In the majority of cases, their products and services are great – But they are being let down by ineffective marketing. So, in this post I am going to give you a quick marketing exercise, designed to get you on the right track.
Here’s a simple 5 step process, for improving the effectiveness of your marketing:
- Make a list of every marketing activity you currently invest time and / or money in.
- Write down the results you are getting from each marketing activity. If the results can’t be measured for any activity, stop it immediately!
- If any activity is on that list purely because it’s something you are COMFORTABLE with or it’s there just because YOU HAVE ALWAYS done it, that’s not a good enough reason. (This is where I find a lot of people are wasting valuable time and money!)
- Next, grab your beverage of choice and read the 3 posts linked to below. They will show you some of the most popular and effective forms of small business marketing.
- Finally, select the marketing activities that you feel are most suited to what you want to achieve. Then, spend some time studying how to do THOSE activities correctly and add them to your marketing mix.
Below are the posts I recommended earlier. The first is a 2 parter, which contains a number of different marketing activities and explains what they are. The final link will take you to the most popular page on this blog; a list of my top 10 marketing tips for small businesses.
This is intended as a launchpad, to get you focusing on more effective ways to market your services. If you want to know more about any of the activities mentioned, remember to use the search box on the right hand side of this blog.
If you found this information and the links useful, please take a moment to share this post with your friends.