I often hear business owners say they want more clients or higher revenue and profits, without any specific numbers. That’s largely meaningless.
What are you aiming for?
In order to grow a successful business, you need to know what your overall target is and also, what your important milestones are. This is the only way to ensure you’re heading in the right direction and making measurable progress in reasonable time.
Here are some questions to ponder, to help you gain the clarity you need:
- How will you know when your business is big enough?
- How will you know when you’re generating enough inquiries?
- How will you know when you have enough newsletter subscribers or blog readers?
- How will you know when you have enough money?
- How will you know when your profitability is high enough?
- How will you know when your customer service is good enough?
- How will you know when your network is large enough?
Replacing your general wishes with specific targets makes all the difference.