If you want to attract the best clients and the highest fees, you need to understand the commercial value of originality.
The original Mona Lisa was insured in 1962 for a hundred million dollars and today that valuation would be closer to a billion dollars. However, you can buy a copy of the Mona Lisa for the price of a coffee! This is because the marketplace values originality and attaches no value to copycats.
The easy route
The easy route is what the masses decide to take. This is what Seth Godin refers to as; “offering an average service to average people.” They attract average clients and have to charge average fees. This approach is soul destroying and those who take it look to the future with apprehension. However, it requires little thought, which is why it’s so common.
The challenging route
The challenging route is what the leaders in every field decide to take. They look for ways to offer a uniquely valuable service, rather than looking for excuses for why they MUST toe the line and do what their competitors are doing.
Whenever I have written on this subject before, people have left comments saying that it’s just not possible to offer anything new or original in their profession. That is factually incorrect. What they are really saying, is that it’s challenging, so they quit. The people get on and do it, push through that challenge. They invest the effort and energy to come up with something uniquely valuable and then they have the courage to implement it. That’s why they get to work with the best clients and earn the highest fees.
In a world full of copycats, you can achieve huge commercial success if you seek out and implement your own, original masterpiece!
You can catch up on part 1 and part 2 of this series, using the links below:
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!
- Here’s how top earners manage to earn the highest fees!
- Yes, they can afford your fees. Here’s what’s really stopping them!
- Are your clients killing your business?
- Are your fees too high or are you marketing to the wrong people?
- How to attract better clients and higher fees
- How to attract more clients and build a great reputation
- Want to attract more clients? This will help. A lot.
- Money without happiness… you’re still broke!
- If only they knew how amazing your business is