So, why bother blogging?
Here are just 15 reasons, why I recommend you add a business blog to your 2014 marketing mix:
- Blogging is the most powerful marketing tool I have ever seen, used or studied. Period.
- Considering all the benefits of blogging, the financial cost is tiny. A self-hosted WordPress site can cost less per week, than a latte at your local coffee shop.
- If you turn up and blog regularly, you will also show prospective clients that you are reliable. If you show up regularly for years, it shows you’re durable too. Think about that… before these people even speak with you, they will already know you’re reliable and durable. That’s a huge commercial advantage.
- Blogging makes you a better communicator. It causes you to think, really think, about your message. Through repeat practice, you learn how to get your message across with greater clarity too.
- New prospective clients will be able to discover you and your work, as your blog posts are all findable, via social networks and search engines. Think about it… hundreds, maybe thousands of prospective clients can find your work each day, at the exact point where they are looking for answers.
- If you like the idea of helping others, blogging is ideal. It allows you to reach and help people worldwide.
- Blogging gives you a wonderful creative outlet.
- There is no ceiling on what you can achieve from your blog. Blogs have changed hands for millions of dollars.
- … and many bloggers have gained a high profile within their profession, thanks to the success of their blogs.
- As a direct result of blogging you can meet amazing people and make a lot of great friends.
- To blog regularly with fresh ideas, you need to feed your mind with rich, mental protein. An active blogger is an active learner too.
- If you work hard enough, for long enough, you can become one of the most influential voices in your profession.
- If you are passionate about what you do, and you should be, your blog gives you a platform to share your passion.
- With thousands of people sharing content, for every one person creating content, useful blog posts can spread like crazy via social networks. There are millions of people on Facebook, Twitter and Google+, etc., eagerly looking for useful, interesting content to share with their friends.
- Blogging is also a lot of fun!
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- How to lift your business to a whole new level - March 12, 2014
- How to build a great business, doing things YOUR way - March 10, 2014
- How to put your ideas into action - March 9, 2014