As a business owner, a great question to ask yourself is; “Would people miss my business if I stopped trading?”
Without doubt, one of the best investments you can make in your business, is to constantly look for ways to be irreplaceable.
Think of it like this:
- If people want carrot flavour ice cream and you’re the only person who makes it, carrot ice cream lovers would miss you like crazy if you stopped trading.
- However, if people want a good quality training provider or consultant and that’s what you offer, it’s relatively simple for them to find another good quality provider.
Not easy, but required
As a small business owner, there is enormous value in finding your equivalent of carrot flavour ice cream. By being hard to replace you give your existing clients no reason to look for another provider. Additionally, it is a great deal easier to successfully market a service, which offers unique value. Just as importantly, because your service will no longer be just like all your competitors, you no longer need to compete with them on price.
No, it’s not easy to develop a product or service that is irreplaceable. That’s why your competitors are not doing it and why the opportunity exists for you.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)