Here’s an idea: Why not make today a day to remember?
Consider doing one or more of the following. Then just watch the kind of impact you create.
- Send a handwritten note of thanks, to a person who has helped you or inspired you in some way. The power of something as personal as a handwritten message, is far greater than an email, text or tweet.
- Send flowers to someone you care about. This doesn’t have to be expensive. You can pick some wild flowers, wrap them yourself, add a card and deliver them in person.
- Write a blog post or article, which shares something that has been useful to you. If it was a website, include a link. That way, your readers will benefit AND whoever or whatever you’re recommending will get some recognition too.
- Go to your primary social network and recommend a person or business, which you really appreciate.
- Contribute either some time or money to a charity or cause, which does work you appreciate.
One of the wonderful things about contributing this was, is that it’s cyclical. It makes the people you are showing your appreciation to feel great and it makes you feel great too. This makes you want to do it again… thus the cycle repeats.