In no particular order:
- You don’t have any clients, customers or subscribers. They’re not yours. You simply borrow them. This means there’s no room for complacency. You need to earn and then re-earn their custom, attention and trust.
- People buy what they want. Not what they need.
- People buy for their reasons. Not yours.
- The word ‘Webinar’ carries a huge amount of negative baggage. It’s purely toxic. If you want to use video marketing, call it something less sleazy.
- When you want to generate high quality cash flow fast… find new products for your existing customers. It’s far quicker and a lot more profitable, than finding new customers for your existing products.
- Your brand is either working for you or against you. Tip: If you haven’t intentionally created a brand for your business, it’s working against you. It’s losing you money. Fix it. Fast.
- Low quality customers or clients are the unavoidable result of bad marketing.
- Keeping your promises is a proven way to build a great reputation.
- Everything your business does, is marketing. The way you answer the phone, your payment terms, the suppliers you choose, they way you reply to emails, your location, the way you write, the design of your website, your prices or fees, your guarantees, your social network updates… it’s all marketing.
- Build an email list of prospective clients or customers. Don’t rely on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter or any 3rd party, for your communication channel. It’s like building a house on rented land. Attract people via 3rd party platforms. Then, encourage them to subscribe to your email list.
- A confused mind always says no. So keep your marketing as brief and clear as possible. Fewer options. Fewer words.
- Businesses with a small marketing budget tend to go broke. They dabble with DIY marketing, whilst their savvy competitors eat their lunch.
- The most powerful marketing is permission based. When people subscribe to your list, your message is treated very differently, than an unsolicited email from a stranger.
- Don’t lower your prices or fees. Increase your value. Here’s how.
- Stop waiting for the right opportunity. Make it happen. Create it.
- Learn how to make your marketplace curious. Why do prospective clients call you or email you? It’s because they need to know something and their curiosity motivates them to get in touch. So, you get a sales lead or client enquiry. And a chance to convert them into a new client or customer. Don’t explain everything in your marketing, unless you want very few sales enquiries.
- The more your services or products resemble what your competitors offer, the less visible your business is.
- Embrace brevity. Shorter messages are more powerful. Most marketing I see is at least 75% too long.
- Avoid using buzzwords. Those who don’t understand them will be confused. Those who do understand them, will cringe.
- Tell the truth. It’s the easiest, least stressful way to build a great business and your marketplace will respect you.
- If your business isn’t attracting regular sales leads or client enquiries, your marketing is broken. The very thing that feeds your business isn’t working. It’s costing you a fortune. Needlessly. Why are you allowing this to happen? Think about that for a moment.
Let's grow your business: I can help you build a more successful business, increase your sales, boost your profits AND you'll enjoy the process. Here's how it works.