Every piece of marketing material is created from 1 of the following 2 mindsets.
- I wrote this, so now I need you to read it.
- There’s something you need to know, so I wrote it.
The first approach is selfish. It’s focused on the needs of the writer, not the reader. It’s noise, not value. People ignore these selfish messages.
The second approach is contribution focused. It’s about giving value to the reader. This unselfish approach is so rare that when people see it, it captures their attention and grabs their interest.
Whether you know it or not, every message you send fits into one of those 2 categories. You are either training people to filter you OUT or tune you IN.
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- 7 Habits of highly successful leaders - July 29, 2014
- Photos: What everyone needs to know about ageing online - July 28, 2014
- 1 Essential word your marketing needs, plus 1 you MUST avoid! - July 26, 2014