Every piece of marketing material is created from 1 of the following 2 mindsets.
- I wrote this, so now I need you to read it.
- There’s something you need to know, so I wrote it.
The first approach is selfish. It’s focused on the needs of the writer, not the reader. It’s noise, not value. People ignore these selfish messages.
The second approach is contribution focused. It’s about giving value to the reader. This unselfish approach is so rare that when people see it, it captures their attention and grabs their interest.
Whether you know it or not, every message you send fits into one of those 2 categories. You are either training people to filter you OUT or tune you IN.
- How to make your business more human and far more successful too
- How to attract the attention and interest of your marketplace
- How to get your marketing noticed by the right people
- Here’s a proven way to get people talking about your business
- Marketing 101: Stop pushing people for attention
- Bloggers: Why too few people read your blog and how to fix it!
- Get Twitter Direct Messages from people you don’t follow!
- Does email marketing work?
- Why isn’t your marketing working?