I want to talk to you today about money. Specifically, I’d like to share an idea with you about how to earn more money, lots more money, without you needing to work more hours.
Whilst aimed primarily at service providers, all business owners can benefit mightily from this idea.
How to earn more money
If you want to earn more money, the answer is pretty straightforward. You need to either:
- Work longer hours. The challenge here is that there are only so many working hours available to you. It doesn’t scale. This puts a low ceiling on your income.
- Solve better problems. A brain surgeon earns 2 thousand percent more than a strawberry picker, even though they work the same number of hours a day. Why? Because a brain surgeon solves a bigger, better problem than the fruit picker. The bigger the problem you solve, the greater the financial reward.
As most people reading this are already working long hours, I’d like you to consider the second option. I’d like you to think about working the same number of hours or even working fewer hours, but using those hours to provide greater value by solving better problems.
The opportunity right under your nose
Think about it: You have a lifetime of experiences. Thanks to the Internet, you have access to the combined intelligence of millions of people. You also have access to free, global digital communications. This opens up an incredible resource to you, unmatched at any point in history.
This is the golden age, which business owners have talked about for decades. Today, equipped with the right mindset, a laptop and an Internet connection, you can achieve things unthinkable in previous generations.
Now consider this: What does the average small business owner do with these amazing resources? They focus on solving the same low value problems, as they did a decade or more ago. Sure, they are able to get more done thanks to technology, but their competitors are all able to do the same, so it’s of no additional value to them.
More importantly, what are you going to do with all this potential?
That’s a great question for you to focus on.
- Maybe you’re going to use technology to allow you to collaborate with new partners, so you can provide a better, more valuable service to your marketplace.
- Perhaps you will take advantage of online learning, to increase your knowledge so you can solve bigger, more valuable problems.
- You may decide to leverage tools like Skype and work with clients worldwide, opening up a whole new world of possibilities for you.
- And you could decide to create some digital products, as many of my clients have, which you can earn additional streams of income from.
It starts with the decision to look for better problems to solve. When you do, the possibilities for you are pretty-much endless. It’s limited only by how far you are willing to go — how big the problem is, which you’re willing to solve.
All the help you need is out there. So, what are you waiting for?Let's grow your business! I can help you build a more successful business, increase your sales and boost your profits. To find out how, read this.