In no particular order.
- Have you considered firing your worst clients? Bad clients are a source of stress, frustration and unhappiness. They zap your energy too. The time wasted on bad clients can then be invested in delighting your best clients even more.
- Do your business goals for 2021 fill you with excitement? Are they all about thriving, or simply surviving? If you miss a thrive goal by 25%, you’ll still have a great year. If you miss a survival goal by just 1%, you’re broke. Set goals that inspire you to succeed.
- What was your biggest business challenge in 2020 and what can you learn from it? Whilst this year has produced a number of unique challenges, it has also exposed lots of historic weaknesses. Some of the most common include; an unwillingness to adapt, insufficient financial reserves, piss-poor marketing and fear of investing in yourself / your business. Those who don’t learn from past mistakes tend to repeat them.
- If you stopped trading tomorrow, how tricky would it be for people to find a suitable replacement? Your task is to be as close to irreplaceable as possible. Learn more about becoming irreplaceable here.
- Have you looked at opening your services up to a global audience? If not, now is a good time to consider it. That’s because proximity is no longer geographical for many service providers. For example, my 3 newest clients are based on 3 different continents. One of the big lessons from 2020 is that people are happy to work with you remotely. I’ve worked this model for over 15 years and can’t recommend it highly enough.
- What are the biggest hurdles to your success right now, and how do you plan to remove them? A business problem can only persist with your consent… passive or active. EVERY challenge you’re facing right now has already been overcome successfully by hundreds of thousands of business owners. There are experts in every area of business, who have the exact answers you need. Talk to them!
- How can you reduce or eliminate the feeling of risk that’s associated with hiring you or buying from you? There are a lot of fearful people out there right now. Figure out how to help them feel more secure. This will remove a major block to hiring you or buying from you.
- What’s the biggest opportunity for your prospective clients in 2021 and how will you help them benefit from it? Help your clients see all the amazing rebound opportunities on the horizon. And if you work in business development as I do, use your skills and vision to help them benefit from these opportunities.
- Is your marketing useful or does it read like a sales pitch? People hate being sold to. So stop pitching them and make your marketing so useful, that prospective clients would miss it if you stopped.
- Have you considered offering a premium version of your services? There’s an extremely profitable segment of every marketplace, who are eager to pay more for ‘that certain extra’. Here are some useful tips.
- Is your business providing you with the lifestyle you want? If not you will either need to lower your expectations or work on growing a better business. I recommend the latter. Rekindle that motivation you had when you started your business. And stop settling for less.
Grow your business with my Marketing Mentor Program! I can help you build a more successful business, increase your sales, boost your profits AND enjoy the process. Here's how it works.