One of the absolute basics of commerce is this: Business is all about people and the relationships we have with one another. This means there’s a clear marketing argument to be made for investing in people.
Investing in people is easy, too. And as you’ll see, it also sets a process into play that helps everyone. Yes, including you (and your business).
Here are some powerful examples of investing in people, which require very little effort.
- We can connect people, who can assist one another or do business together.
- We can share resources with people. This can be something as simple as forwarding a useful article or newsletter to them.
- We can inspire people, by setting an example with our deeds.
- We can give people recognition. A simple thank you or sending a thank you note, can have a significant positive impact on someone.
- We can help people to develop or grow, by sharing ideas with them.
- We can encourage people. The world already has enough pessimists. People who encourage others are always in short supply.
Investing in the success of others is one of the most rewarding and enjoyable things you can do. It gives you a tremendous sense of contribution.
But that’s not all.
Something wonderful happens
When you invest in others you set a highly positive cycle in place. It’s amazing. Really amazing.
What happens is that a hefty subset of those you invest in, will be motivated to invest in others. And yes, many will reciprocate to you directly. Make no mistake, the act of contribution is viral and highly valued.
Where does the cycle start? It starts with you, my friend.
When does the cycle start? It starts today. If you want it to.